Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Low Glycemic Egg Free Dairy Free Pancakes

So I set out to create a delicious pancake that my entire family can have. I combined three pancake recipes to create my new one. I was very hesitant to try it even though I was the one who made it. I was quite pleasantly surprised. I thought it tasted better than the local diner's pancakes which are good. I was shocked. I am going to try it differently next time but for now here is the delicious recipe!!



Low Glycemic Egg Free Dairy Free Pancakes

Ingredients:
• 1 cup All Purpose Flour(next time I will use a more allergy friendly flour)
• 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
• 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
• 1/4 teaspoon Salt
• 1.5 Tablespoons Agave
• 1 cup Coconut Milk
• 1.5 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
• 1.5 teaspoon Vanilla
• Add Handful of blueberries or allergy friendly chocolate chips

Directions:
~Whisk the dry ingredients together
~In Separate bowl mix wet ingredients together
~Slowly whisk wet into dry until blended together
~Heat pan to med-high (I use a cast iron skillet on #4 setting on electric stove)
~Pour vegetable oil on pan...Oil well because the batter tends to be sticky
~Pour batter on pan(make them small otherwise they get too doughy)
~Add your blueberries or chocolate chips to each pancake and cook
~In between each batch make sure you re-oil pan and spatula
~Enjoy!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment